Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Events leading up to Fourth of July




So on Thursday of last week Steve had the day off. So we decided to go to Cabela's to go shopping for fishing stuff and let the kids see the fish and wildlife! It was a blast, and then later that night we went to downtown Provo for the Freedom Festival to buy ties. We went to all the booths getting lots of free food samples. And then we found out if you go by the tabernacle they have all the free stuff. So the kids got pictures with Star Wars Characters, played on the bouncy slides and bounce houses, watched a reptile show, and then pet a giant tortoise and python, and got their hair fixed up (except Benny wouldn't let them). It was a fun night. Then on the fourth of July we went to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the dollar theater, and despite sitting on the front row, it was a great movie...I totally recommend it. Then we came back and got ready for Steve's family bar-b-q. There we let the kids play in the slip and slide in our backyard, ate lots of yummy food, shot off fireworks, had a wonderful tribute to the USA (look at my facebook for the video...for some reason it wouldn't load on here), and then ended with going to RC Willey's roof to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks at BYU stadium. It was a great holiday weekend! And boy on Sunday was I beat! By the way only a few more weeks of being pregnant...yippee, I can't wait to see this little girl and see if she has dark or light hair!

2 comments:

Misti said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th! Why didn't we ever think to go watch the fireworks on the Willey roof-GENIUS!!!

Sara said...

Oh how I miss the dollar theater.

Glad you're having lots of fun! Where is the Cabelos? I've only been to the one in Nebraska. And I always loved stopping there and seeing all the stuffed animals.

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!