Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stats & a Broken Needle

Trip to the DR.
So this is mainly for me to remember how big my kids were...but I do have some funny stories on our trip to the Dr yesterday. So I headed to the Dr office with all 5 kids and me...right there I knew I was crazy. We got to the office to be informed that they had told me the wrong date and our appointment was on Monday, but the nice receptionist went back and asked the Dr if he could at least see Sarah, since it was her 2 week checkup. He agreed to see both Tyson and Sarah...so off we went into a room. What they didn't tell me was we would have to wait a very long time, but at least I wouldn't have to come back again.

WAITING
So here I am with all 5 kids, some fruit snacks, some toys, CD & mp3 players, and a hungry baby. Then came all the paperwork I needed to fill out for both kids, so while balancing a bottle with one hand and Sarah in the same hand, I filled out the paperwork in the other hand. Then after our kids running around the room like crazy, bumping into people in the hallway, going to the bathroom, trying to go in the x-ray room, we moved into a normal room (This was now an hour later). After the nurse came in and took Tyson weight (he is 32lbs & 34 in tall...a lb for every inch!!), they poked Sarah's feet to do the PKU, and the nurse is new so she was very slow on the process...but luckily Sarah is a trooper and didn't cry much. Then came the quick checkup for Sarah, questions for the Dr, etc. Then he looked around the room looked confused and said looking at Tyson, "Is this the 2 year old?" Which I smiled and said yes. He said, "Wow he is as big as his brother Ben." Then he looked at Tyson and said, "You are a big boy." Which Tyson just smiled at and gave him fives.

Tyson's Adventure with Shots
Then came the lovely shots (by this time it was 12:30, we came at 10:25). Tyson was to get 2 shots. So I held him with his legs and arms pinned down a little. The nurse tried to stick the needle in...it wouldn't go in. She tried again...and it still wouldn't go in and Tyson just laughed at her. Then she looked and he had bent the needle with his leg. She went and got another shot and this time tried his lower thigh muscle...it went in...and with a 2 second cry for both shots. Tyson smiled and said CANDY!!! and took off running for the candy drawer. Now that is one tough kid!!!

STATS:
Sarah: 21 1/2 in and 8lb 4 oz (2 weeks)
Tyson: 34 in (approx. because he wiggled so much) and 32 lbs (2 years)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! 32 lbs, that is impressive :). Congrats on your baby girl, she is so cute.

Kari said...

now that is funny about the shots and candy! Good for him. What a long day though, or at least couple of hours

Kathleen said...

What an adventure! Glad your kids are troopers. Congratulations on the birth of Sarah! She's beautiful!!!

Michael and Adriana said...

Oh wow...and I thought trips ANYWHERE with three kids was a lot...I'll whine no more!!! ;)

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!