Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Excitement with a little fear

So it is less then a week until we sign the papers to own our home.  And I have felt like I am a roller coaster the past few weeks.  I am super excited about having our own place that I can do anything I want to with, but at the same time super scared.  I worry about the more money that we will have to invest, I worry about the kids fitting in at the new ward, I worry about me not fitting in at the new ward, I worry about the new neighbors and not having my friends live across the street or around me to borrow sugar from, or let my kids play with...let's just face it I worry about everything(and as a side note, I do know I have some good friends who are our neighbors beside us,which is reassuring).  But then Steve gave me a blessing becuase my nerves have been shaky the last few weeks.  And all the time I thought he was giving me a blessing to help fix what I thought  was related to my thyroid...but Heavenly Father knows me too well.  He blessed me with peace and added faith that this was the right decision, and that we were needed in this new awesome ward.  That I would have the strength and courage to make new friends and that our family would be fine financially, as we always have, and with our new friendships.  And the part that interested me was that it said I would be stretched more, but that I would be able to manage and would become stronger because of it.  So it will be interesting to see where this new adventure takes us and how we can grow and learn from it.  I am excited for next week to come...now if only I had a magic fairy to help me pack for all of this stuff!

1 comment:

sara said...

I'm so excited for you. It is a huge responsibility but you have a wonderful husband to support each other.

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!