OK so I haven't been the best at blogging since Mary came. I guess it is because it is so much easier to just go on facebook and update there...but I have to remember that the blog was for my journal. After having a crazy last half of a year, I am grateful things are starting to slow a little bit, or I guess I should say less drama is happening...which is nice. We are still busy with kids sports, kids school, our callings, and getting really busy with Pioneer Trek pre activities.
Now life is not perfect right now...I don't know if I would want it to be picture perfect (I think I will always have some challenge going on, it is how we grow). In the last month we have discovered that our little Sarah has asthma...which explains when we go camping, or when she is sleeping, why she coughs nonstop and cannot sleep. So hopefully soon we will have that under control.
And of course the fun result of the life changing event I had last May has caused me to have problems with depression. Now I don't say this because I want people to sympathize with me, I mainly write it because I want it recorded in my journal...but at the same time maybe it can explain to others why my house is always messy, my mood is different, and why I have been antisocial lately. We are still trying to figure out the right medicine for me, because as we found out with my thyroid, my body acts the opposite way to medications. It has been a long process, and I know it will continue to be long. But I am grateful to a supportive, patient and caring husband and kids who just accept me no matter what. And maybe one day soon we will find the right balance and I will be back to my normal self, and not some person who is always having panic attacks, and mood swings. And that I will have the energy to do things...like housework. Thank goodness for my older kids, otherwise our house really would be in shambles.
So thanks to all of you out there, who have supported us, loved us, and still have patience with me.
Update on Mary, she is almost 9 months old, she stands up for a few seconds at a time, she is trying to walk already, despite Steve and I trying to get her to stop. She has learned a really cute booty dance whenever music is on. Sarah is feisty as ever, but is such a funny little girl, she keeps me on my toes. Tyson is a very sneaky, smart little boy, who knows his letters and theirs sounds, numbers, some math and is ready to start reading. Benny is our athlete with personality. He is learning to read more, and is amazed at the books he can now read on his own. Emily is growing into a beautiful young woman and these preteen years are going to kill STeve as he watches his little girl start to grow up. But I love having a friend to watch chick flicks with and go shopping with. Byron is becoming quite a young man. He is a scout now and is so excited to be in Young Men's with his dad, so he can do all the campouts and basketball games with them. I am amazed at how fast they are all growing up, and do not know what I am going to do when I no longer have my babies to snuggle.
My advice to you with young children, cherish them now, because soon they will all be grown up and you will wonder where the time has gone.


1 comment:
That's too bad about Sarah's asthma. Do you need a nebulizer? We have one from when Leah was little and had RSV. We've been looking for someone to give it to that needs one. I also understand the depression thing and how challenging it can be to find the right medicine. Hope you find the one that works for you soon!
Post a Comment