
So I know it has been almost a week since our anniversary, but our week has been super crazy. So our 9th anniversary was on the 4th of February. I can't believe it has been 9 years since Steve and I were married...it seems like time has flown, but at the same time it is hard to remember what it was like before I met him. We met on a blind date set up by his little brother Jeff. And after 3 weeks he called me with the help of a little lie from his brother Jeff. We went out 6 weeks after our first date on labor day weekend '99. Then on September 29, we were engaged and then 4 months later married in the Mt Timpanogos temple. It was one of the happiest days in my life to stand in the brides room, look at the mirror and realize I had made it, and just like I had been told all those years in Young women's, I felt just like a princess. Then as I went to meet Steve and be sealed, I have never felt happier, or more comfortable. I truly felt blessed to find such an amazing guy who I could grow old with, and be with for eternity. Steve and I have been through a lot, 4 kids (one on the way), school, my thyroid cancer, other health scares with our families, our hair graying (more his than mine :) ), gaining weight, losing weight, and most of all being able to serve together in the church with the youth programs. I love him more today than the day we got married, and I am grateful that I was living my life right, so that I could meet such a wonderful, cute, sexy man who honors his priesthood, treats me like a queen, and loves our children unconditionally! So Steve thanks for marrying me and putting up with all my crazy quirks the past 9 years...thanks for giving this as you love to call me (sorry if offends any of you, but I find it funny) your ricepicking redneck a chance and taking me to the Temple, and for loving me all these years.


2 comments:
oh, this is so sweet. what a great story! you were married so quickly. when you're ready, you're ready!! that is great. isaac and i were set up on a blind date too and were engaged four months after that date. so funny how quick it is sometimes, huh? the spirit helps us make our choices, that's for sure. happy anniversary!
Congrats on 9 years! You two are so cute together. When is #5 due by the way? And...did I know you had thyroid cancer? When was this? fill me in. Keep the cute blog entries coming!! :)
Post a Comment