OK, so I know pregnancy already puts me on a hormonal roller coaster...just ask my kids and hubby. But this pregnancy has been extra hard with that roller coaster. And a lot of it is due to my thyroid medication. Now most of you know three years ago next month I had my thyroid removed completely due to cancer and some other problems, and so for the rest of my life I will be on medication. And with my pregnancy with Sarah I had problems with gestational diabetes but not my thyroid, well this pregnancy is the opposite. And I wish that my levels would level out because I am a mess. One day I happy and have tons of energy, then the next I am down, tired, and moody. I have gained weight like crazy, which is depressing because that causes my risk of being diabetic to rise. My immune system has been shot, and so I catch everything. One thing I know for sure is that I know this is my last pregnancy. My body, even though still young, feels like a forty or fifty year old, and so even though I have about 13 weeks left, I am ready to be done and have a healthy baby in my arms, and to know that my family is complete. But no matter how bad I feel, or how moody I get, or how much pity I feel for myself I am lucky because I have amazing kids who step up and clean the house for me, a husband who cooks dinner(or tolerates another breakfast for dinner/sandwich night), and allows me to sleep as much as I need. I really am a lucky girl and I am very blessed.
And no matter how bad things get, I realize others have it worse. For instance my amazing sister has been suffering for years with problems that cause her to constantly to be in pain, and yet she stays upbeat and continues to be Super Mom/Super Wife. Today she had surgery for a full hysterectomy. And even though she was scared to death she stayed optimistic, and continued to serve others...because that is how amazing she is.
So even though there are times when I wish I had the perfect kids who sit quietly in sacrament, firesides, and at the store (so that I could get something out of those meetings, and not have everyone staring and judging me instead) I know they are my kids, and every time I have a trial with them it is a learning experience for me and for them. And I know one day I be able to look back and laugh at how crazy my kids were and miss those moments of insanity. And realize that even though I will never be the perfect parent, or the all knowledgeable parent, at least my kids were loved and they know that I have a testimony of this gospel and the importance of the concept that families can be together forever.


1 comment:
Hang in there. Know the lord is watching over you. When times get hard for me I just thing about the words to How Firm a Foundation~ Fear not I am with thee, be not dismayed, for I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I will strengthen thee, help thee, cause thee to stand...you are an amazing mom and your family is lucky to have you.
Thanks for the kind post, it made me cry. I am far from being supermom/wife... I can't even fly yet ;)
I love you!!!!!
Post a Comment