Monday, October 8, 2012

I am Mormon and I love it!!!

OK, so I loved conference and the RS Broadcast the past two weekends.  I feel like I am on a spiritual high and that I have so much to work on...especially making sure my home has the spirit continually in it (less fighting, yelling, keeping it clean, etc).  But the thing I think that surprised me the most was the change in missionary ages...Boys can go at age 18 and girls at age 19.  That means my baby Byron can be on a mission in 6 1/2 years and I could be a grandma in less than 10...Now that shocked me, am I really that old?  But I guess I am.  My kids are really growing up to fast, my baby is almost 17 months, my oldest almost 12, and I am starting to feel like time has gone by too quickly.  I realized I will never have a newborn in my home again, and I know I have lots of kids and I know that I am done, but it still hurts to know that my baby is getting so big...all 6 of them.  Even though I am excited for them to go earlier on their missions and start their lives and careers sooner, part of me is in panic mode trying to figure out how to spend more time with each one of them so that I feel like I did all that I could to make them feel special, to help develop their testimony, and to make each one of them a stronger person who know who they are, what they stand for, and where they came from.  I know that I am a loved daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me very much and has blessed me with so much.  And even if we have our trials, we barely can pay our bills, and we may not have the cleanest house in the world...I know we are blessed with so many things...Steve actually having a job that does pay our bills, a home to live in, and lots of love and most of all the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives.  I am truly grateful to be a member of this church and to know that Families are Forever and that God has a plan for each one of us and he will not give us more than we can  handle.  I know that I am loved by many and that although my life may not be perfect in the worlds eyes, it is perfect in mine. I am grateful for the trials we have and the blessings we have and a loving Savior who gave everything for me.  I am grateful for a living prophet and other leaders who inspire me and teach me so many things.  I am grateful for a best friend who is always there for me and loves me despite of my faults and is the greatest example of Christlike love.  I am grateful for six wonderful kids who bless me and teach me everyday.  I love my life....In the name of Jesus Christ Amen...

No comments:

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!