Friday, August 29, 2008

A dream come true


So last night I had a dream come true...I got to go to a Boyz II Men concert...and it was awesome!!! It was everything I dreamed it would be. Now for those of you who haven't heard the story...on our first date, Steve was karoking to Boyz II Men (it was fun to hear him sing their songs, and I knew that this was a guy I could like because he was a huge fan of Boyz II Men). So anyways we were suppose to have backstage passes, dinner with the band, and front area seats...but the guy getting us this wonderful free deal, quit his job last month, so we went and bought the tickets instead. Granted they were not up close, but not too bad, we were still center stage, and halfway up...and they were only $15.


So last night we met up with Steve's brother's Will & Kira, and Scott & Patrice...and then met with our friends Jody & Shanna Lamb, & Jessica Jones. It was a blast to be with all of them. If you have never been to the Scera Outdoor theater in Orem, you have to go. It is this nice bowl shaped area, where you can rent chairs for $1, or sit on blankets (unless you pay more than you get the good seats without paying extra). It is just a wonderful spot to go to a concert, or see a play at.


So the concert started out with the local Orem Scera Idol. And it was ok, two guys were amazing, but some 11 yr old girl won, because she had the cuteness factor, (she couldn't hit a note and stick with it without going sharp...so it wasn't as good as the other guys..but oh well). And then finally they brought on Boyz II Men. I went nuts when I saw them, I started screaming like those crazy girls you see on TV, and I thought I was the only crazy one doing it, until I looked and Steve was doing the same thing...boy I love this guy!! And I looked at my other side, and Jessica and Shanna were doing the same thing...boy they are great friends! So the concert began, and we went nuts during the whole thing. They sang all their hits, some of their motown hits, and some of their newer songs...it was amazing.




During I'll make love to you, they handed out long stem roses to the crowd, and during the Mama song, they had everyone call their mom's and tell their mom's they love them. They even talked on a few phones during the song. Then at the end of the concert they took pictures with their cameras with the crowd...it was way awesome.

They were amazing in concert, and they can still move like they used too (and even did the old school dance moves during the motown songs (and the running man...that was awesome)) and so nice to the crowd, and they were amazed at the crowd that turned out for their concert (there was not a single open spot in the whole area). So if you ever have the chance to go to a Boyz II Men in concert, I highly recommend it. For me it was a dream come true, and it was awesome to go to it with the cutest guy in the world, who sang all the songs with me, and screamed like crazy...I love Steve & I love Boyz II Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad you had a good time. I would have been a screaming fan too!

jmholloway said...

How fun! It is great that you and Steve have the same taste in music. Jason and I disagree somewhat on music, so I would have loved the concert and he would have thought I was a dork the whole time. Congratulations on a realization of a dream!
Mindi :)

Anonymous said...

Ade, you are awesome! I am so jealous you got to go to a Boyz II Men concert. :) I used to have their CD and listened to it over and over and over. I bet that was a blast from the past.
I love that you are so passionate about music still.

Brehtt said...

It looks like you have a great time. A little nostalgia can be good for you :)

Anonymous said...

My husband is so stinkin' stubborn. Glad you guys had fun

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!