Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Haircuts, First Days of School, and Lots of Fish




Ok, so a lot has happened just in the last two days. Sunday, we gave Tyson his first haircut. Now I was the one bugging Steve for the past 2 months to cut his hair (because everyone thought he looked like a girl when we were out shopping or eating out). So Steve cut off his first few locks of curls...then I started to bawl. I started kissing Tyson like crazy saying my poor baby is growing up. Of course Tyson just smiled and called me da da and laughed. Which made me happy. But after the haircut was all done, and the bath was given...yes you guessed it Steve got super sad. He said why did you make me do that...now he looks like a 3 year old. His curls were so cute and now he looks way too old. And the look on Steve's face was so cute, he looked so sad to be losing his baby. Tell me what you think of his new haircut???











Before is on the left, and after on the right!!! Doesn't he look scared at first?








OK so all the boys got haircuts and we rushed off to the Camp Fireside, which was awesome of course!! And then Steve gave some father's blessings that night. They were awesome, but made me feel like I am getting old.



Then yesterday was Byron's first day of second grade (I know I can't be old enough for a second grader) and Emily's first day of first grade. Byron's teacher is Mrs. Johnson and Emily's is Mrs. Dayton. I have never seen Byron so nervous for school. At the bus stop all he did was complain that his stomach hurt, and that he didn't want to go to school. And Emily was the opposite. All she talked about was how excited she was to go to school, and see her friends, and eat lunch at the cafeteria. When they got home, all


Emily could do was talk about how fun school was, and who she played with, etc. And Byron was super sad. But after talking about how his day was, he got happy when he realized he had a great day(other than already forgetting his backpack at school). And I have to brag about my princess Emily...she got the class bear that represents that she was the most well behaved student in her class yesterday!!! I am so proud of her. And Byron was happy because he scored a soccer goal on a bunch of third graders during recess! So overall their day was an awesome experience!



Then last night we went with our friends the Lambs, and went fishing up to Maple Lake. Wow talk about fish galore...they caught 14 fish, and the week before Steve, my dad, and the Bishops family caught 20, and the week before Steve and the Bishop caught at least 10! What a great little fishing hole we have discovered. It was fun to go up there, and it was nice to have so many hands to help me watch Tyson, and keep him out of the lake and the fish hooks. It was great to be able to relax a little and enjoy some time talking and laughing. And now I have to brag about Benjamin...he got to pee on 3 different trees!! Boy was he proud!

And last of all Tyson's 1 year stats from the doctor...he is 27lbs. and 31 inches! What a healthy boy we have!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on - as usual! I like Tyson's haircut, even if he does look a little older. He was getting a little shaggy. :)

Kristy

On Our List said...

Tyson looks awesome and so grown up. Way to go Emily on being the best behaved. And I can't believe Byron is in 2nd grade. You are super old!!!!

Love ya!!!

Annie Miller said...

Oh my! You get so much done in so litle time. Love the new layout and the haircut was adorable :)

Angela said...

What a cute little Tyson! I love the new hair cut, but it does make him look like a "little boy" rather than a baby. I'm glad Byron and Emily are enjoying school.

Sara said...

adorable hair, tyson! :) he looks so cute. glad everything is going well. i can't believe summer vacation is over! it went by too quickly. hope all keeps going well!

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!