So Tyson turned one last Sunday!!! He is so laid back, that even at his birthday he took his own time eating his cake and opening presents. It was fun to see how much he has grown and how much of a personality he has now. He is the cutest and he loves to laugh.
And then this past week I went to girl's camp with Steve. Steve was the one of the priesthood for the week and he was awesome up there. He drenched every single girl and leader at waterfront. He rapped an awesome song about girl's camp. And he was able to use his priesthood to give several blessings. There is nothing like watching your husband act crazy, use his talents, and grow spiritually. I have fallen in love with him even more because of our experience this week, and at Trek. He is the most amazing man...and I love him very much. He is my superhero!
Our theme at girls camp was SOS (Superwomen of the Scriptures). What an amazing theme, and what an amazing camp. I have truly been humbled this last week because of the many spiritual experiences I have had. I have been blessed and humbled by the different friendships I formed with leaders and girls. And I feel blessed that I can serve them and my Heavenly Father in this position. It is amazing how he uses me as an instrument to express his thoughts and feelings. In every situation at camp, He would put the words into my mind, so that I would know what to say, or what to do. It has been one of the greatest weeks of my life. Oh how I love the young women and their leaders in this stake, and how I love the Young Women's program.
We do what is called singing around the lake (which reminds me of singing in the trees, that I did as a youth). We sing a song, and then the other stake or stakes take a turn to sing. We do this twice and then all together we sing The Spirit of God, as a raft is lit with a huge bonfire. It is the most amazing spirit, and looking into the fire I realized how blessed I am to be a daughter of God. I love this calling, and I loved going to camp.
My craziest moments had to be when I sang a rap (dedicated to my mother-in-law), danced for Steve's rap, and played the skittles game. Now the skittles game is where a group of you take turns pulling 2 skittles out of a bag. If you pull out the same color, you get to chew and swallow them, unless someone else gets doubles, or it gets back to you. If you don't get the same color, you must store them in your mouth. Now this game can get gross, and I promise you will hate skittles the rest of your life...or at least a year, when your crazy mind decides to do it again. But it is one of the greatest games to get to know the true side of people. And as Steve watched his wife look like a giant mouthed Asian chipmunk, he just shook his head, and said that I was crazy, and that's why he loved me! (See what a great guy I have!!)
Anyways Camp was great, Tyson turning one is awesome...maybe soon he will walk. And thanks to my parents and sister for watching my crazy, beautiful kids!


6 comments:
He is so cute! And what an adorable cake/cupcakes. Glad you had fun at girls camp!
The cupcakes are adorable and I'm glad that you had a blast at camp. I'm sure it was a lot of work to plan and organize but that is your speciality!!
What a cute cake! Happy Birthday Tyson. My Tyson turns 2 in 1 week. Crazy!
It seems that you guys are always having fun. I love that! Your kids are going to appreciate that greatly.
Mindi :)
Tyson is so cute. The party was awesome and I am glad you are back from camp. :)
Love ya!!!
That picture of Tyson digging into the cake is awesome! What a cute little boy...love those cheeks.
Post a Comment