Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Craziness
Do you ever have one of those moments where it seems like all the world is crashing down on you? That all the screams and arguments from your kids is going to drive you insane...and then you lose it. And when you gain back your sanity all you can do is cry and realize how bad you feel for yelling at your kids. I had one of those moments on Sunday, where I just lost it, and I just cried and kept telling my kids sorry as they looked at me like I was crazy. Then I called my husband to come home from his meetings to help me out because I felt helpless, I was shaking, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong (because usually when this happens it is because of my thyroid medication being off, or I forgot to take it...which was not the case). So he came home to a super messy home, with me sitting at the computer hysterical, and the kids running around the living room wrestling, and pillow fighting. He calmed the kids down, and then asked if I needed a blessing. I am so grateful to a wonderful husband who knows what I need, and is in tune to the spirit enough to know what I want without me asking. The blessing told me that I would feel instant peace, and that the feelings I was having would go away. And that others have moments like these, and that there was nothing wrong with me. Boy that makes me feel better. Because sometimes I think I am going to end up in a loony bin with all the craziness in my life, but then I have moments like these that remind me that all is well and that I am never alone, and I have all kinds of help. That is why I am grateful for church, and the lessons that can be learned. My lesson in Sunday School was exactly what I needed to learn about and teach on sacrifice, and then the Relief Society lesson talked about how our trials can strengthen us and that we are never alone. What a wonderful blessing to have in my life to be able to prepare Sunday school lessons each week for the youth. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that I have a loving Heavenly Father, and a wonderful brother Jesus Christ who sacrificed everything for me. I am truly blessed, even in times when I feel helpless, I am never left alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am sorry that you have that moment. But your blessing was absolutely correct. Others(by that I mean me of course) have moments that could be described exactly the same way. It is amazing how the Lord pulls us out of those feelings. What a loving husband. Way to go Steven!
Mindi :)
Thanks for sharing your "crazy" story. I have days like that too and it's nice to know we aren't alone.
I love the new picture of your kids at the top of your blog. Cute kids!
I hope you are feeling better! Steve is such a great guy :)
I hope you're doing better. I've felt that crazy, too. Believe you me! You married a great guy!
I LOVE Love love the new photos of the kids and y our header. LOVE THEM! They look like SPRING! :) Yeah!
I have had days like that, isn't it crazy that one minute you love your kids so much you want to hug and squeeze them and never let go and the next you want to wring their necks. :)
I think all Moms are entitled to a melt down every now and then. Glad you are feeling better! I love the kiddos picture at the top of your blog!
Post a Comment