Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Emily

OK, Emily is not a sports fanatic like her brothers, dad, or even me. She only plays football to show Byron she is faster than him. She plays basketball only if she doesn't have to ever catch a pass. She plays soccer just because she is bored and her brothers are playing it. And she never watches sports, because she would rather draw, read, ride her bike, or play with her toys. So to our suprise we went running/walking at the track yesterday as a family. Before I even got Sarah unloaded and Steve finished stretching, Emily had already ran a lap around the track. She ran/walked 2 miles yesterday and wasn't even tired or sore. Her brothers barely did 1000 yards on the football field and they were whining like babies about how sore they were. Even I was sore from my walking and carrying Sarah. I am amazed at how much endurance and strength Emily has, and how she loves to run...maybe one day I will be like her. But for now I will stand back and watch her and her dad run around the track together....they finally found a sport they can do together...Welcome to world of fun exercise and sports Emily!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

that's sweet, she's a keeper :)

Jay said...

your kids are incredible. Just like their parents. Geez... stop stealing all of the cute kids before the rest of us even have any! ;)

Kari said...

I wish I could run! maybe one day.

And I finally made it down to all your fun posts of CA, baby blessing etc. Looks like you have been having some good time:)

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!