Thursday, February 4, 2010

At this exact time, on this exact day

So 10 years ago at this time on this date Steve and I were sealed in the Timpanogos Temple!  It was the happiest day of my life (ok having the kids were pretty close).  I remember driving up to the temple with my parents and being nervous, and then I looked across the parking lot at this handsome guy and knew that everything was all right and that I was marrying the man of my dreams...who could want more...dark hair, dark eyes, tall and sexy, and most of all one of the strongest testimonies of the gospel that I have ever heard. 

I remember getting ready in the Brides room and turning and looking in a mirror and jumping up and down and saying I look like a princess!!  The workers must have thought I was crazy, but as cute as they are they just laughed with my mom, Jeanette, and my cousin Darline.

I remember looking in the mirror right before they told me a handsome young man was waiting outside for me and realizing at that moment, that all those years of hard work, and all those lessons on temple marriage and chasity, and all those guys I didn't date who didn't have the same standards, all added up to one thing...I was worthy and I had made it.  I had finally reached my goal that I had set as a young 12 year old at the Stake YW Activity where we made those cute little wedding teddy bears, got a spool of white thread, and were told the importance of temple marriage and that we should put the white thread into our wedding dress when we had made it to the temple...and I did that!!! 

I can't believe that my wedding day was 10 years ago.  I can't believe it has gone by that fast.  I still remember kneeling across from Steve and just thinking I am the luckiest girl alive.  I remember sitting in the Celestial Room before that with him and just talking, and I remember as they tried to take us to the wrong sealing room, and as we passed our family and friends it brought a tear to my eye to see so many who had come to support us.  I am forever grateful to Jeff for telling little white lies to get Steve and I together.  And I am forever grateful to Steve...my best friend, my comedian, my comforter, my knight in shining armor, my listening ear, my example, and most of all my HERO!  I love you Steve and I am grateful for the past 10 years and look forward to many more decades with you!!!

3 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Aww. Congratulations!! We're half way there. We have our 5 years in 15 days. Go out and celebrate!

Kari said...

Ben agrees, Steve is pretty dang sexy.
Happy anniversary!

Misti said...

You guys are cute! And we are old! Paul thinks Steve is sexy too. Ha ha.

Happy DECADE anniversary :)

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!