Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fun & Crazy Week



So we have had a busy, but fun week. Monday we decided to go up the canyon and fish at the kids pond at Vivian. Byron caught 2 fish, and Emily would have caught one but every time the fish flopped out of the water when she was reeling it in, she would run away and drop the pole. It was quite funny. And Steve lost his favorite spinner because the fish ripped it off, because the knot was not tied well enough. So Steve spent 10 minutes trying to stab the fish to get the spinner back...it was really funny to watch. Then when I turned around to see Tyson, he had spilled out a whole box of cookies and was eating them all off the ground...what a little stinker he is.

Then Tuesday we went to the Hoggle Zoo. It was fun, even though it rained and made it really humid. It was a crazy schedule to get home though. Steve had to be at the Jordan Temple by 6:30, and I had to be home for a meeting that started at 8:15. We left the zoo at 6:25, Steve went to the temple as I drove home. Normally I would not have to worry about traffic, but for some reason we had some car in the carpool lane who would not go past 35. Maybe she was nervous from the other traffic lanes being stopped, I am not sure...all I know was that it was annoying. So I got back to Provo, about 7:30, stopped by the McDonald's to get dinner for the kids and me, dropped off my nephew and niece. Then when I got home realized I had to get a babysitter for my meeting. So thanks to my sister in law Mary Ann I dropped the kids off, just in time to walk in for the last line of the opening song. Then they said the prayer and I was up for the spiritual thought...which I had almost forgotten about. Talk about intimidating...standing up in front of the High council, stake leadership, etc. and sharing a thought I had come up with 5 minutes before. I don't think I have ever been so nervous. Anyways I was glad to get home and go to bed that night...after a long day.

Then on Wednesday the kids and I went to the Park to play. It was a lot of fun, but I found out they would rather play in the wood chips, then the slides...what's up with that?

Then Thursday, Steve's parents had their Annual Pioneer Day Breakfast. So we went there to help and eat for several hours. Then that afternoon, we went to a block water fight...it was fun, except for Tyson being dumped with a bucket of water twice! Then that night we had a bar-b-q with the in-laws and fireworks. So I had Steve and Rich reenact their fourth of July tribute to the flag, since that video got deleted. So here is the video for that.



Then yesterday I took the kids to Toys R Us to buy some b-day presents. And what a deal they had...fisher price toy sets for $2, markers were buy 1 get 2 free...so my kids got the scented markers. But what we didn't know was that they were weird smelling markers. Then that night, Steve and I went with our friends to see the new Batman. It was good, but I sure hated looking at two faced. He was just creepy. But it was nice to have a night out just having fun.

Then today we went to the church and the kids rode bikes. Oh and I went shopping at Mervyns early this morning....I love that store when they have sales!!! I got 2 shirts and a skirt for under $20!!! Anyways things have been crazy but fun. It has been great having the kids around to be able to do so many things with them, I sure will miss the oldest 2 while they are at school. Can you believe school starts on August 18th? Way to early!

But the greatest news of the week....drum roll please....Benjamin is potty trained!!!! Finally is all I can say about that!

6 comments:

Angela said...

I love the firework and flag show. Very patriotic! Looks like we do a lot of similar things. Vivian Park is our favorite fishing spot with the kids. We're also planning a trip to the zoo next weekend! Summer is busy. I'm glad you're fitting in some fun in between all of your meetings and camps.

AOlson said...

Will and I enjoyed watching your fireworks yesterday.

I wanted to tell you that I love your "I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day" page element. I liked it so much that I copied it. (It took me a while to figure out how to do that, but I did.) I hope you don't mind. Hopefully, you'll see it as a complement.

Annie Miller said...

Congrats on potty training. That is such a big milestone. I don't think I've ever NOT enjoyed myself as much as when I was potty training Braden. Glad you had a fun week!

On Our List said...

What a fun week!! Way to go Ben on being potty trained. The pictures were cute!!!

Love ya!!!

Brehtt said...

What a crazy week, but I am sure your kids had a lot of fun. Tell Maryanne I said "Hi"

Anonymous said...

Way to go Benjamin! Woohoo! I love deals too. I used to love to go to the mall with you and Sharon to Lerners. We used to find some steals and deals!

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!