Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Craziness & Pumpkins

So this past Saturday we had a crazy busy day. I started with getting the kids up at 7 so that they could all have baths and get ready to go to the Primary Sacrament Practice at 9 AM. Then at 10:30 I went and picked up Byron so that we could take him to his last game.



Then at 12:15 Steve and I got dropped off by his mom and the kids at the BYU football game. After the Cougars nearly giving me a heartattack...but at least they won, we drove back home with our friend Ben. We got home at 4:30 in time to get the kids ready for the Ward "Halloween not Halloween Party". In between getting them ready, I made an Oreo Cheesecake for the cake walk. So at 5:30 with kids in costume, the cheesecake in hand, we got to the church, and was there until 9:00. Then we remembered we had to gas the car up for Steve's Grandma's Party the next day (It was in Lehi), and we needed a side dish. So we headed to the store, just to decide to use 2 bags of chips we had at home. We came home and put the kids to bed at 9:30, and then Steve and I vegged in front of the news, until we got so tired by 10:30 that we went to bed. It was one of our craziest Saturdays, we are usually busy, but not that busy. So I am glad that that day is over.










The ward party was fun, with lots of awesome costumes. And the Cheesecake was the first thing to be picked to go...so yea for me, but sad for Byron, because he really wanted it.



Sunday was busy also. The kids did a wonderful job on the Primary Sacrament Program. Byron sang nice and loud so that I could hear him singing, and both him and Emily did wonderful on their parts, that they wrote themselves.



Then that night was Steve's grandma Erika Dastrup's 80th birthday party. It was fun, to see family, and eat yummy food...especially the brisket.



Then Monday was crazy again for us. The kids and I cleaned and decluttered the rest of the upstairs, and then that night it got crazy again. And it was 8:00 before we started carving pumpkins. So Steve and I just had the kids draw on their pumpkins the design they wanted, and we carved them out. Now I am craft retarted, so mine are the funny looking traditional pumpkins. And Steve got his mom's craftiness, and his are the awesome looking ones.



So after all this craziness, I am grateful for a patient and loving husband. He always take time out to make sure I am doing ok, and making sure the kids are having fun, with all the craziness. He is a great example to me, and I love having him in my life. So thanks Steve for helping out this weekend, especially when I was stressed and moody because of it. I love you!

No comments:

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!