Saturday, October 11, 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see....


So we were getting ready early this morning for Byron's football game, and when I went outside to start the car...to my surprise it was snowing!!! This is just crazy because on Thursday, we were all wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts. So boy was it fun sitting in the freezing cold for Byron's game. One great thing about it was there was a guy who brought enough hot chocolate for the entire team and crowd...so it kept us warm. But I love it when it gets cold....that reminds me of football season. It reminds me of all the crazy times Steve and I have sat through snow storms, just to cheer the BYU Cougars on...and I am so excited to go to the game today and cheer them on in the freezing cold!!! There is something about it that makes me just more pumped up for the game...call me crazy.

Anyways Byron did well in his game he pulled 2 flags, gained a few yards, and even tried to pick a fight with a kid twice his size. For such a little guy, Byron is a big talker...I blame his dad and uncles for that one. But while the game was going, he was taunting the kid to push him, or tackle him. Well the kid came over several times and pushed him, while Byron laughed and said "is that all you got...that tickled!!" I was glad to see the other kids coach tell the other kid to knock it off, since Byron wouldn't listen to us. At least I know he talks tough, but I would hate to see him when someone takes him up on his offer. Also, if you have ever seen a BYU football game, chances are you have seen the Haka. Well since Byron's team is big fans of BYU and they are mostly Polynesians, they learned the Haka, and now the perform it at halftime. Here is the video from today.


Last night we had our Pioneer Family Reunion. It was a blast, we ate, watched a slide show of the trek, and then finished with the night watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 days (edited of course). Of course the girls picked the movie out, but the guys were good sports and watched it with us, even through Steve's sarcastic commentary the whole time. It was fun to be with the youth again...I have missed it a ton. I love working with the youth, and being released from Stake YW Pres. has been the hardest adjustment for me. I love teaching youth Sunday School, but I miss seeing the YW in the stake, and being with them, and doing all the activities. Maybe because it was my hobby and my life outside the family for so long, that makes it so hard to let go of it, but I sure miss it, and I hope someday in the future I will be able to be working with them again. I love having the youth around so that my kids have people to look up to...and they love these great youth in our stake.

The rest of the week has been crazy with stuff so I will catch up with all your blogs soon. On a side note, Tyson is a walking machine. He is going like crazy trying to keep up with everyone, and he has learned how to turn quickly, how to stay up with playing sports with his brothers...now he is on to learning how to kick the ball while walking and walking holding the football...it is adorable! And Benny has found out he loves the game Ants in the Pants...he is better than me! Emily has turned into our social butterfly, and has friends everywhere we go...and the boys are flocking to her...which she loves (should I be worried??). Byron is staying busy with football, and can't wait until Basketball season starts in February...he is practicing every day for it.

Conference this past weekend was amazing!!! I actually got to listen to most of it for the first time since having kids...boy I love Conference Bingo and Conference Packets for kids to color and listen with. General Conference was the perfect thing to uplift me and remind me of the things I need to work on to become a better mom, wife, and friend. So I hope you guys all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sara said...

SNOW!? Wow! ...I'm just like you though. I love it. I remember playing soccer in the snow. Boy I used to be tough (not as tough as Byron though -- what a cute story!) Have fun at the game today! Cheer the cougars on for me. Ben is looking so much older in his pictures! Congrats on Tyson's walking. No worries over Emily. Be thankful she's not shy and that kids want to be friends with her.

Sara said...

PS: About your calling. I'm also the same way. Being released from Activity Days and becoming Enrichment Leader leaves me begging for my 8-11 yr old girls EVERY DAY!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Oh to see snow would be divine and to be cold would be fabulous. Conference was very uplifting for me too. I always feel it comes just in time for a pick me up.

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!