So I have to start out by saying...GO SPURS!!! They made it to the next round...I am pumped! Now if the Jazz make it, our house will be a peaceful place!!!
So our girls night didn't turn out the way we wanted. It started out fun, going to Sonic for dinner and slushes. Then we started watching Princess Diaries I and then at 6 I had to go to a meeting. It was suppose to be over quickly, but I left after 8:20 and it was still going. But my kids understand I have meetings and sometimes they go long. So when I got home she was excited to eat the cookie dough and watch Princess Diaries II. So we pulled the cookie dough out and popped in the movie. But then I started feeling bad...so I ended up falling a sleep. After the movie was over I helped put her and Tyson to bed, and then spent the rest of the night sicker than a dog. I woke up the next morning to a very happy little girl who wanted to do so much, and I was so sick. So instead she helped me with Tyson and watched cartoons on my bed, made herself breakfast until Steve came home with the boys. I feel really bad, so I will have to make it up to her another day. But at least now I feel better and the best thing is no more sick kids!!!
The boys had a blast camping. They went to Willow Park and hung out with the other guys from the ward. They had fun climbing mountains (ok piles of dirt) and throwing rocks in the river. They also had fun listening to a testimony meeting and eating yummy food. And Steve had a blast with them, even if he didn't get any sleep (Ben refused to sleep in his sleeping bag, so all night he slept on his daddy's belly kicking him in the you know where). But overall they had a blast and came home nice and dirty...just as boys should. (Some of the pictures are of youth/ward members from the campout, or Steve's family...so if you don't recognize them that is why. And the first few is of Benny getting ready for the campout.)
Then the rest of the day Steve spent putting away all their stuff and cleaning the house for me. And making food for everyone, including bringing me soup and crackers. What an awesome guy he is.
Oh and I will end with a funny thing from Ben. Last night during the Jazz game, Ben was playing with his Uncle Scott. Scott said "Ben are you a toy?" And Ben said, "No I am not a toy." This went on for a few times, and then Scott said, "What are you?" And Ben said, " I not a toy silly, I am a Ben." What a smart boy he is!!!




4 comments:
I hope you are feeling better Adrienne. It looks like the boys had a lot of fun. We want to visit the Pioneer 2nd ward one of these days. It would be fun to visit and see everyone again.
I am glad you are better. I think your blog is cute right now...but if you need some tips call me and I will help you.
Love,
Sharon
Hey, I'm glad you posted some pictures of the campout. I lifted some from your page and put them on mine :) Benny is such a silly kid. I'm glad he realizes that he's "a Ben". Funny.
Post a Comment