Saturday, April 5, 2008

I love the church!!!!!

So I got a great opportunity to go to Salt Lake on Thursday evening with my presidency to be trained as stake leaders by the General YW Presidency and Board. We got to sit third row from them and be trained by wonderful women who love the young women and their leaders so much! I was so excited to be so close.

I also felt finally after 2 years of being in a calling with no training, I finally was trained and knew what to do and what was expected of me....and to no suprise to me I had missed many important things. One thing that stood out to me was how they stressed the one on one interaction we needed to have with the leaders, and by doing this it would trickle down to the young women. Oh how I love Sister Tanner, Sister Dalton, and Sister Cook. And I have so much love for the local leaders of the young women and especially the young women! I think working with them boosts my self esteem and keeps me feeling young.

But my most exciting news is that I got to go and shake hands and talk with Sister Tanner & Sister Cook...and got tons of hugs from Sister Dalton (and for those who watched conference this morning she is the new YW President). Sister Dalton looked us straight in our eyes and asked us where we were from, and when she found out she said I know that area and you have a lot of work cut out for you in that area. Boy she knows us well! What a wonderful lady who will continue in Sister Tanners footsteps to lead and guide the YW in the church! I feel lucky and humbled to be in their presence and to be able to meet and talk with them. I love this gospel! And I love living in Utah because of these trainings!!!!!!

3 comments:

Waco Gropp said...

The church is true, and it is wonderful even here in Texas. Your Mother and Dad are terrific people, so it is no wonder that you are that way too. I wish tho that we did not need to have those challanges to make us stronger. Congrats Steve weight loss is hard now keep it off.

Anonymous said...

What a special experience to have. I loved the message of the reaching out to the one during conference. So cool to be so close to them!

sara said...

What a cool experience. When the presidency comes out to do trainings in CA we only get one person from the presidency not the whole presidency. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience.

Guestbook! Sign in & Scroll down to see New Posts!