Yesterday was the last day of spring break and I had survived the week, and actually loved having the kids home and sleeping in. So since it was going so well I thought I would make a shopping trip to Wal-Mart...I mean how bad could it be. Well it was probably my worse shopping trip ever. Tyson was screaming the whole time because he was hungry, then tired, then tired of being touched by everyone. And at the same time was little Ben running around screaming, and running into people and displays. And if that wasn't enough then he began to run up and down the cereal aisle knocking over as many boxes of the shelves as fast as he could. By the time I was done with the cereal aisle...20 minutes had past. So we left to go quickly and get the frozen foods and veggies and fruits. We found a check out with no waiting (a miracle in the Orem Wal-Mart) and started checking out. As I was carefully putting the groceries on the belt I noticed Byron was dragging Benny back from the Fun Center. (when I say dragging I mean Benny's head and body are dragging the ground). As soon as he got him back Ben took off again...three more times. And each time Byron was dragging him back. Finally I told the cashier excuse me, I picked him up, put him by my feet and told him not to move. That lasted 1 minute and off again he went. Byron dragged him halfway this time and then I got him and held his hand. The cashier looked at me like I was the worst mom ever...all I could think was "You listen hear buddy....just wait until you have kids."
We came home to a messy house, and yes the laundry is still piled up (for those of you who have 4 kids you know the amounts of laundry you have to do). And I told Byron and Emily to watch a movie with Ben while I put Tyson down. Then I came back and Ben was asleep...Yea finally some sanity. Steve came home and took the 2 oldest to his brothers house to chop some trees down (he loves his chainsaw). And then the drama started again. Ben woke up chasing Steve around and then cried in a corner for 20 minutes until he decided mom was just as fun (I bribed him with homemade cookies (ok pillsbury cookie dough) but it still worked). I finished making a nice dinner, found a babysitter (Steve's family) and went and saw the Emma Smith movie with Steve (Good movie, makes you cry, and yes I finally got Steve to see a chick flick with me).
Then today started out good, Steve had the morning off, so we decided to do yard work. That was put on hold (at least for me, Steve trimmed our tree with his chainsaw)
while I helped one of his young men with his slide show for his Eagle Court of Honor. After 4 hours of working on that, chasing kids, and cleaning the messes they were leaving I realized I had to fix dinner (I had forgotten about lunch (Byron made them all sandwiches, what a good kid he is)). So I cooked some Tacos and remembered I needed a dessert for Steve's work. So I baked some brownies and then we headed to Steve's work to eat dinner with him. As I got ready to leave I looked at the kids and they all looked pretty dark skinned (if you have seen my kids they don't look asian at all). So I realized all of them were filthy. So I had to wash all of them and load them up. At dinner Ben decided to throw a fit because his taco broke, Byron was teasing him and dropping food everywhere, Emily decided to wake Tyson up by taking his bottle out, and I tried to keep sane.
while I helped one of his young men with his slide show for his Eagle Court of Honor. After 4 hours of working on that, chasing kids, and cleaning the messes they were leaving I realized I had to fix dinner (I had forgotten about lunch (Byron made them all sandwiches, what a good kid he is)). So I cooked some Tacos and remembered I needed a dessert for Steve's work. So I baked some brownies and then we headed to Steve's work to eat dinner with him. As I got ready to leave I looked at the kids and they all looked pretty dark skinned (if you have seen my kids they don't look asian at all). So I realized all of them were filthy. So I had to wash all of them and load them up. At dinner Ben decided to throw a fit because his taco broke, Byron was teasing him and dropping food everywhere, Emily decided to wake Tyson up by taking his bottle out, and I tried to keep sane. 
So now I am writing to try and keep myself sane and feel like I am not going crazy...and oh yeah I ate 3 of the cookies I made last night (I know I will regret it later) but for now I am happy. And as you can see Tyson has had just as hard of a weekend.
Now I am going to watch Pride and Prejudice because the kids are in bed and it always makes me happy! (As I was writing this part Ben came up to me and said Sorry Mommy I love you...now that makes me happy and sane, and I can forget any of the other stuff ever happened. 



3 comments:
Sorry you had one of those days...what were you thinking taking the kids shopping...I never take all my kids shopping. You are an amazing mom.
Love ya,
Sharon
i agree with sharon!! you are amazing ;) and what emma smith movie? i want to see it! is it available in pa?
Girl,
I totally sympathize! With Scotty gone a lot on business, I HAVE to take all of the kids with me to the store...and it can get crazy! And, don't feel bad about the laundry either. You're right, with four kids, you end up with mountains and mountains of clothes to fold and put away. You are doing a fabulous job. Hope you have a great week this week to make up for the bad day! *smile*
Post a Comment